Friday, November 12, 2010

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

This is the most recent recipe I picked up at my weekly WW meeting; with the holidays soon approaching, it is timely. I tried it out on my in-laws last Wednesday after a delicious (and heavy) potato dumpling supper. My father-in-law gave his "You Can Make This Again" stamp of approval. It's very similar to the texture of traditional pumpkin pie without the added calories of the crust. It was a bit more dense and custardy. I'm not a crust-lover myself, so this version satisfied my Thanksgiving pie craving quite delectably. We served it with Reddi Whip and hot coffee. M-m-m-m-m-m.

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
1 (12 oz.) can fat free evaporated milk
3/4 c. egg substitute
2/3 c. Splenda (OR 1/3 c. Splenda for Baking)
1/2 t. salt
3 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 t. vanilla

Mix all ingredients until well blended. Pour into a sprayed 9-inch pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake an additional 45 minutes.

Yield: 8 servings (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment