Monday, May 3, 2010

Raisin Bran Muffins

I was thumbing through the little blue notebook I keep my weekly WW recipes in, and I was thinking, I'm going to have to start trying some new recipes if I'm going to keep this blog business up each week. And then I stumbled across this yummy muffin recipe given to me by a fellow WW member and teacher-friend back when I first started. She got her bran from the Old Mill in our area, but it is probably accessible in the whole foods section of your grocery store (by the produce). It really is a delicious option for breakfast or an afternoon snack. I haven't made them in forever, but I just might have to whip up a batch tonight.

Raisin Bran Muffins

1 1/2 c. wheat bran
1 c. skim milk
1/2 c. unsweetened or natural apple sauce
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 c. brown sugar, slightly packed
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 c. raisins

In a large bowl, combine bran and milk; let stand 10 minutes. Add applesauce, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla; mix well. Slowly add both flours, baking soda and powder, and salt; mix to combine. Fold in raisins. Spoon batter into 12-count muffin tin with paper liners. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

Yield: 12 servings (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment