Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sage Rubbed Chops with Mushrooms

I'm fairly certain I got this one out of a WW cookbook, but I can't remember which one. Last night was the trial-run, and my guinea pigs (husband and father-in-law) said, "You can make this one again." I guess that means it was good. =)

Sage Rubbed Chops with Mushrooms

6 center cut pork chops, trimmed
2 (8 oz.) packages cremini mushrooms, quartered
1 T. + 1 t. dried sage, divided
salt and pepper, to taste
2 T. olive oil
1/4 c. water
1 T. parsley (fresh or dried)

Sprinkle both sides of chops with 2 T. sage, salt, and pepper to taste. Grill 6-7 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink inside. While chops are grilling, saute mushrooms in olive oil with remaining 1 t. sage. Add water and parsley to mushrooms the last 2-3 minutes; sauce will thicken as it stands. Serve 1/2 c. mushroom sauce with each pork chop.

Yield: 6 servings//1 chop + 1/2 c. mushrooms (5)

No comments:

Post a Comment