Monday, January 11, 2010

Cinnamon Applesauce Salad

I just recently stumbled across this recipe in my WW notebook. I hadn't made it before, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. My kids LOVE it; it's just a bit different from a traditional layered Jell-o salad. I like that it's virtually calorie free!

Cinnamon Applesauce Salad

2 small boxes sugar free orange Jell-o, divided
1 3/4 c. boiling water, divided
3/4 c. ice water
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 c. fat free sour cream
1/4 t. cinnamon

In a medium bowl, dissolve 1 box Jell-o in 1 c. boiling water. Add ice water. Chill until just about set (about 1 hour or so). In another medium bowl, dissolve second box of Jell-o in 3/4 c. boiling water. Add applesauce, sour cream, and cinnamon; mix well. Gently pour over first layer and chill until set.

Yield: 6 servings (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment