Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Diet Coke Chicken

It just happens. I'll post while my students are reading... I'll post during my lunch... I'll post after school... I'll post before skating... I'll post after bath time... I'll post when the kids fall asleep... Before I knew it, it was 11:30, and at that point, sleep was more important. This week's recipe is an easy supper idea. Pair it with steamed broccoli and brown rice to round out the meal.

Diet Coke Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 can Diet Coke
1 c. ketchup

Brown the chicken in a little olive oil. Mix the Diet Coke and the ketchup and pour over chicken. Simmer 15-20 minutes. Remove chicken and cover with foil. Simmer sauce until it reduces to desired consistency. Serve with extra sauce on the side.

*There really is enough sauce to simmer eight breast halves. Just brown in batches before adding the Diet Coke mixture.

Yield: 4 servings/one breast half (4)

No comments:

Post a Comment