Monday, November 2, 2009

Beef Chili

I had so many new (and delicious) recipes come my way last week that it was hard to choose just one. Don't worry, dear friends, they will eventually make their way here; I have lots of Mondays to fill. =)

I picked this recipe up at last Monday's WW meeting. I made it Tuesday night, and it was gone by noon on Wednesday. Yup... it's that good. I'm not exactly sure why it's any better than any other chili I've made in the past, but it just IS. As my friend Julie said, "It's a keeper."

Beef Chili

1 lb. lean ground beef (90/10)
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
2 T. chili powder
1 t. ground cumin
1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes (I used diced; it's what I had on hand.)
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 (8 oz.) can diced green chilies
2 T. tomato paste

Brown beef, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Drain off any excess fat. Transfer mixture to a crock pot. Add tomatoes, beans, onion, celery, chilies, and tomato paste. Stir well. Cook on high for 4 hours. Garnish with sour cream and/or shredded cheddar cheese.

Yield: 8 (1 c.) servings (3)

1 comment: